SMS brings Irish operations under Information Security certification (ISO 27001)
SMS has successfully brought its Ireland-based operations under its existing ISO 27001 accreditation following the completion of a scope extension.
ISO 27001 is the international standard for information security management systems (ISMS), enabling organisations to manage the security of assets such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details, or information entrusted by third parties.
SMS began the ISO 27001 extension audit process after acquiring Ireland-based Solo Energy in September 2019. Following Solo Energy’s full adoption of the SMS brand in 2020, SMS’s operations in the country are now fully certified under the Group’s information security (InfoSec) accreditation, ensuring full alignment with InfoSec best practice.
What does this mean for SMS customers?
Attaining the UKAS accredited ISO 27001 certification is a testament to the fact that SMS prioritises data security and aligns to customer requirements. Furthermore, it ensures:
- Customer data is extensively protected
- We assess, manage, and eliminate risks and vulnerabilities within our environments
- We continually improve our informationcyber security programmes
- Increased operational resilience and reliability towards the security of systems and information
- We are compliant with one of the highest standards when it comes to information security
Read all the latest news and thoughts SMS at our Insights page.