Power management & metering partner for telecoms infrastructure
Power management services for your cellular network
We are specialist partners providing power management services for telecoms network projects from feasibility studies, procurement, and wayleaves, through to the delivery of electrical connections, metering and submetering.
Our initial scoping solutions give you complete assurance over the feasibility of your proposed cell site location and all the information you need to proceed with connections works.
Using our knowledge of the existing electricity networks we can identify areas that are likely to be able to provide a DNO connection without significant reinforcement, aiding you with the selection of a suitable location.
When you have identified your location we provide the nearest suitable connection point, including network maps, highlighting any engineering difficulties as well as expected costs and timescales.
Project management and delivery
We manage and deliver the entire DNO and connections process on your behalf, whilst as an accredited Meter Operator (MOP) our in-house engineers provide full metering installation.
We formulate your connections application to the DNO for quotation, ensuring costs and designs are appropriate, and facilitate payment.
During the quote acceptance process, we liaise with the DNO Wayleave team, identifying any issues that may become protracted and advise where specialist support may be required.
We obtain and register the MPAN with your chosen energy supplier, and liaise with all stakeholders to arrange meter installation, jointing and power on.
We supply and install your meters, as well as providing engineers to conduct fuse pulls, isolator installs, and on-site engineering advice.
Our operations services extend our specialist engineering expertise across a broad range of solutions specifically for telecoms networks and cell sites, including:
- Small electrical works
- Electrical sub-metering
- G78 Surveys
- Build, supply and install of Isolating Transformer Units (ITU)
- Landlord to Building Network Operator (BNO) Conversions
- Diesel Generator to DNO Conversions
Why choose SMS as your power management partner?
- Over 25 years’ experience successfully delivering power connections to customers within the telecommunications sector.
- A dedicated infrastructure department consisting of over 30 full-time Service Delivery Managers, Project Managers and Project Coordinators.
- Our MOP and MOCOPA accreditations and nationwide engineering coverage mean we’re able to carry out and manage your metering in house, without the need for third-parties or sub-contractors.
- We are completely independent – meaning we are not connected to or affiliated with any utility network providers or suppliers and work only for our customers’ best interests.