EV fleet charging solutions
Making your fleet transition to EV, hassle free
Our Fleet EV Charging solution brings together expertise in charging infrastructure with premium support services and dedicated EV fleet management software, enabling you to make a smooth transition to electric whilst maintaining the support of your driver community.
Benefits of our EV fleet charging for your business
Reduced fleet charging costs & carbonFind out more
One single monthly bill for the entire fleetFind out more
Access to Europe’s largest open public charging networkFind out more
Future proof your EV fleetFind out more
How our Fleet EV charging solution works
Reduced fleet charging costs
and carbon emissions
Our metering technology innovation combined with our integrated fleet EV charging solution removes the common pain points of deploying and managing charge points at the homes of your drivers, enabling you to take much greater control over fleet charging costs and carbon emissions.
- Reduce the burden on both drivers and back-office.
- Pay less with cheaper, greener charging tariffs.
- Greater control of your fleet charging costs and carbon emissions.
One single monthly bill for the entire fleet
Whether your drivers charge at home, in public, or at work, your business can be invoiced for your fleet’s entire usage in one fixed monthly bill. It’s that simple.
- Simple, direct and accurate billing.
- Expert support with energy supplier and tariff management.
- Fewer administrative headaches.
Access to Europe’s largest open public charging network
We make charging away from home easy, too. Our app and drivers’ card gives access to an open network of over 400,000 chargepoints across the UK and Europe, allowing your fleet to take charge confidently and reliably wherever their journey takes them.
- Use of Europe’s biggest open charging network.
- Works with all Open Charge point protocol (OCPP) compliant hardware.
- Prioritise or filter charge point brands based on costs or sustainability credentials.
- Give your drivers complete confidence when out on the road.
Future proof your EV fleet
Our fleet solution isn’t just aimed at helping fleet managers deal with today’s challenges, but also solving the future challenges that come with mass EV adoption. We’ll help your fleet benefit from the innovation of co-charging, or driveway sharing, and enable the charging of privately owned vehicles. Fleets can also access revenue generating flexibility markets so your vehicles can earn money whilst they’re parked overnight, as well as solving the transition for homes with pre-payment meters.
- Co-charging initiatives to cater for employees without private parking.
- Provide at-home charging solutions for employees’ privately-owned EVs
- Generate revenue from your fleet through the flexibility markets.
- Solve the additional challenge for employees with pre-payment meters.
Unsure about where to start?
When deciding on how to go about implementing EV charging facilities across your fleet operations, knowing exactly how and where to start can often be a blocker. As your dedicated EV and electrical infrastructure partner, SMS makes the whole process simple, helping you plan, deploy and optimise a successful project from start to finish.
We take charge, so you can sit back
Independent of all hardware manufacturers, we use best fit technologies to match your needs and build an accessible and profitable charging network – with every step of the process managed and delivered by us.
Site assessment and future proofing analysis
Performance-related project plan agreed
Design site infrastructure and installation specifications
Full siteworks, commissioning and platform integration
Including quality assurance, site marketing, and EV driver navigation services
Working with SMS
Here at SMS, we’re in the process of moving our fleet of more than 400 vans to electric as part of our Net Zero 2030 target. That means we understand first-hand the challenges that businesses and fleet managers face when making the transition to electric. As a low-carbon partner, we’re also vastly experienced at rolling out such green technologies at scale for our clients, installing over 40,000 smart devices for homes and businesses around the UK each month. Such engineering expertise and energy market heritage – combined with an agile approach to technology and tailored solutions – is why businesses choose SMS to help navigate the infrastructural challenges and growth opportunities of EV chargepoints.
A London-listed business with more than 25 years heritage in the energy market, SMS is a technical and commercial partner you can trust. We work with your business across a range of secure, reliable and long-term commercial partnership agreements, including:
- Host our chargers on your site
- Share % of all revenues generated
- Zero investment or management required by you
- Receive an annual fixed income
- Guarantee a long-term revenue stream
- Installation & maintenance included in agreement
- We install the charge points, you own and manage them
- Operation & maintenance support provided, if required