We specialise in delivering complex multi-utility infrastructure throughout the UK.
We have more than two decades of experience and extensive knowledge of carrying out feasibilities, design, procurement and project management of utility infrastructure across a wide range of UK development projects.
Our connections service is tailored to our customers' unique requirements and includes the full range from multi-utility connections and disconnections, to diversions and service upgrades. As one of the UK’s most trusted connections providers, we cover all utility issues and are focused on delivering the highest quality of customer service and assurance, whilst delivering significant added value and generating cost savings.
Working closely with our Wayleaves department we also determine, negotiate and challenge new and existing land rights.
Our multi-utility connections services include:
- Provision of utility records
We undertake utility searches and can provide a comprehensive multi-utility pack, detailing asset owners in the vicinity of a proposed development area as well as the size, depth and a utility map of locations of the existing gas, electricity and water utilities. We can also provide a utility report which analysis existing services and identifies potential costs and risks associated with the proposed development.
- Multi-utility feasibility studies
Our fully costed multi-utility feasibility studies include:
- Utility Plans (see Provision of utility records).
- An existing services report outlining utility location and capacity within the existing network as well as options for routes like potential diversions and disconnections.
- Loading calculations for new connections.
- A new services report outlining new connections and potential network reinforcement, identification of the most suitable offsite and onsite infrastructure routes, identification of common trench provision and suitable metering arrangments.
- A combined services CAD drawing showing existing utilities with new connections and diversions marked.
- And a legal report for existing wayleaves and easements.
- Co-ordinated services drawing
We provide multi-utility service drawing showing existing utilities with new connections, disconnections and diversions overlayed.
- Management of utility disconnections
We safely remove meters and disconnect services to enable new business developments. Our professional management of utility disconnections includes the disconnection and removal of submeters, outlet pipework, fiscal meters, existing services and mains. We can provide a disconnection program, to minimise disruption, along with regular client updates and disconnection certificates once the work has been completed.
We design and procure diversions quotations and manage the delivery of utility diversions. Our professional management of multi-utility diversions provides a single point of contact for our customers whilst we liaise with all parties to ensure a cost-effective, prompt and complete service.
- New connections
We design and procure quotations for new single and multi-utility connections. Our professional management of multi-utility installations includes:
- Network design by our NERS registered design team.
- Quote procurement were we assess Host Network Owners, Independent Connection Providers (ICPs), Independent Gas Transporters (IGTs) and Independent Water Network Operators (IWNOs) quotations to ensure competitive quotations are received and evaluated.
- Our project management provides site assistance to your site team in delivering your construction project on time and on budget. Our project managers are SMSTS qualified.
Contact our major projects connections team on 02920 739 522 or email us to discuss your utility connections needs.