How we utilise your data
SMS Plc may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st November 2010.
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and seek to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send emails about our services or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How to control and delete cookies
Alternatively, you may wish to visit the About cookies website, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer as well as more general information about cookies. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the SMS Plc website.
SMS Plc and our other websites use a number of suppliers who also set cookies on our behalf in order to deliver the services that they are providing.
We will be providing information about the cookies used by these suppliers, as well as information on how to opt-out, on completion of our cookie audit across all of our websites.
Local Shared Objects (Flash Cookies)
SMS Plc uses the Adobe Flash Player to deliver its video content services throughout the site. To improve user experience, Local Shared Objects - or Flash Cookies as they are commonly known - are employed to provide features such as auto-resume and for saving your preferences. Flash Cookies are stored on a user's terminal much the same as cookies are, however it is not possible to manage them at browser level in the same way.
How to disable Flash Cookies:
The Adobe website provides comprehensive information on how to delete or disable Flash cookies either for a specific domain like Scottish-enterprise.com or for all websites.
Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you for Flash based applications.
Cookies set by third party sites
We sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube and Flickr. As a result, when you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. SMS Plc does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the relevant third party website for more information about these.
Most browsers will give you the option to accept cookies from websites while blocking those from third parties. Check your browser's Help for details, or visit the About cookies website for more information.
Again, most browsers will give you the option to block these cookies if you wish, although it may prevent you from being able to use these services if you do.