SMS Plc recognises that the disciplines of quality, health and safety and environmental management are an integral part of its management function.
SMS Plc views these as primary responsibilities and to be the key to good business in adopting appropriate quality standards.
The SMS Plc Quality Policy calls for continuous improvement in its quality management activities and business will be conducted according to the following principals: SMS does :-
- Comply with all applicable statutory laws and statutory regulations. Follow a concept of continuous improvement and make best use of its management resources in all quality matters
- Communicate its quality objectives and its performance against these objectives throughout SMS Plc and to interested parties
- Take due care to ensure that activities are safe for employees, associates and subcontractors and others who come into contact with our work
- Work closely with our customers and suppliers to establish the highest quality standards establishing, implementing and controlling procedures for corrective and preventative action to ensure at all times customer requirements are met under controlled environments and product realisation procedures are adhered to, protecting the integrity and reputation of the business
- Adopt a forward-looking view on future business decisions which may have quality impacts.
- Train our staff in the needs and responsibilities of quality management, keeping training records and through continuous measuring, monitoring and analysis, ensure that training needs of all staff are identified and implemented